[MOAB-dev] MBZoltan.hpp:60:30: error: MBParallelComm.hpp: No such file or directory

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Wed Oct 1 12:15:29 CDT 2008

On Wed 2008-10-01 12:57, de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:

> Revision 2110 showed the following problem for me.
>
> MBZoltan.hpp:60:30: error: MBParallelComm.hpp: No such file or directory
>
> Has anyone seen this?

This looks like my fault.  We need to add -I$(top_srcdir)/parallel to
INCLUDES in tools/mbzoltan/Makefile.am.  I probably didn't see this
since MOAB was already installed so the compiler picked up the installed
header.  Determining the processor rank is needed many times in
MBZoltan.cpp.

Should mbzoltan be usable when compiled without PARALLEL?  Probably, it
doesn't currently *work* in parallel.  Then given Jason's changes
(r2093) we need a way to get rank (always 0) and size (always 1) in
serial.  I can do this easily with macros in MBZoltan, but should it be
done at a higher level?

Jed