[MOAB-announce] MOAB v5.1.0 release

Mahadevan, Vijay S. mahadevan at anl.gov
Mon Jan 7 09:12:10 CST 2019

Dear MOAB users,

The release of MOAB v5.1.0 is now available, and the source tarball can be downloaded at: ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/moab-5.1.0.tar.gz. We would like to thank all our contributors (refer to AUTHORS file) for making this release possible.

The notable changes in MOAB v5.1 are:

* PR #399, #406, #408, #410: Updates for E3SM workflow to support online remapping computation for climate applications through interfaces to TempestRemap library. Major additions to expose online remapping capabilities by computing exact intersection between unstructured meshes on a sphere, and providing projection weight operator computation through interfaces to TempestRemap for both scalar and vector solution fields with conservation and/or monotonicity constraints. While the primary application target is E3SM for this particular feature addition, the bulk of the interfaces added in this PR can be reused in other coupled physics simulations as well.

* PR #403: Updates to Cython file generation process in PyMOAB - We’ve done away with static `.cpp` files in the project and are now relying on users having a Cython installation greater than 0.26 on their machine. This helps us with python 2/3 compatibility issues as well as superfluous re-compiles of libraries.

* PR #397: Consistent CMake configurations for downstream apps

* PR #370: Several improvements in the GeomTopoTool implementation

In addition to the above features and enhancements, several bug fixes and configuration updates to both the autotools and CMake workflows have been added to provide robust build support  on various architectures and platforms. Refer to the RELEASE_NOTES for detailed information on all changes since v5.0.

Please do let us know if you have any questions or encounter any issues during your upgrade to MOAB v5.1.0.

Best,
The SIGMA team