[mct-ann] Reinitializing the MCT github repository.

Robert Jacob jacob at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 19 18:18:01 CDT 2013

Hello MCT users,

If you have a copy of MCT checked out from github or git.mcs.anl.gov,
this message is for you.

The 2 git repositories are a little different.  github only has the
minimum code needed to build MCT.  git.mcs has the full code including
examples and is used for development.

Maintaining both is a bit of a pain and I would like to move all
development to github.

This means the current repo at
  https://github.com/MCSclimate/MCT

Will be deleted and then recreated with a more complete repository under
the same URL.

That will, I'm pretty sure, break any current github checkouts pointing
to that repo if you have changes you want to check back in some day.

Once this is done, if you checkout (using git or svn) MCT 2.8.1 or later
from github, you'll get extra directories like "examples" and "testsystem".

The repository at git.mcs.anl.gov will stay around for a while but will
become read-only.

Let me know if this poses any difficulties.

Regards,
Rob Jacob