[ExM Users] Swift/T using wrong Python

Ozik, Jonathan jozik at anl.gov
Sat Apr 18 23:21:24 CDT 2015

Hi all,

I’ve run up against an issue where Swift/T’s python and python_persist are using the wrong Python version. I’ve checked and rebuilt and it looks like the Python install location specified in exm-settings.sh is being used in the build log but when I run a simple test:
string ss = python_persist("import sys\nsys.version”);
I’m getting the Python installation at /usr/bin/python rather than the Python version installed as part of the Anaconda distribution (which is what the exm-settings.sh is configured to use).
Any advice on how I might better diagnose this would be appreciated. I’m on Mac OS X (10.10.3).

Jonathan