[ExM Users] stc unsupported class error

Ketan Maheshwari ketan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 28 11:04:32 CDT 2014

Hi Tim,

stc -V does not seem to show which java it is running with:

$ stc -V user.swift
stc: Optimization level 2
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
exm/stc/ui/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

The -j option works but in my case, the stc call is part of a generic
script and this will involve detecting java on systems to run with. Is it
somehow possible to tell stc to use the same java in current env at the
time of build and run.

Thanks,
Ketan