[ExM Users] tasks per second in Swift/T

Scott Krieder skrieder at iit.edu
Fri Oct 26 16:14:53 CDT 2012

Hi All,

I'm running a swift script executing 100k sleep(0) calls to the builtin
sleep function, wrapped in a single foreach loop. However, in a best case
my runtime is roughly 1200 seconds with 8 workers (plus 1 server, 1 engine)
and 100k bound on my foreach loop. This means that I am only getting ~80
task per second. I was expecting to get something closer to 1000 tasks per
second, what else should I be doing to improve my tasks per second? I have
already disabled logging with the hopes that this would increase
performance.

Thanks,
Scott