[Darshan-users] Module contains incomplete data

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 4 15:41:01 CDT 2022

Hi Jiri,

For #2, are you talking about .libs/darshan-parser in the build path?
If so, I wouldn't expect  to be able to run that directly (in general,
not particular to Darshan's build system).

Autotools and libtool create executables in .libs subdirs as part of the
build process, but those are intermediate executables that don't have
final library paths set.  The copy installed in <prefix>/bin should be
fine (and should use corresponding installed libraries), and you should
also be able to run darshan-parser one level up in the build tree
(that's actually a shell script wrapper created by libtool that will run
the .libs/darshan-parser with library paths set to the build tree).

Sometimes .libs/ executables might work, but it's a little dicey what
libraries they will pick up so it's usually not a good idea.

thanks,

-Phil