[Darshan-users] Darshan & IPM results not the same

Vineet Soni vsoni at mercator-ocean.fr
Wed Nov 10 14:23:21 CST 2021

Hi Shane,

I tried the WIP branch. I set these environment variables:
export DARSHAN_LOGHINTS=
export DARSHAN_MODMEM=32
export DARSHAN_CONF_PATH=<absolute-path>/darshan.config

And my darshan.config has:
# comments are allowed using '#'
#   KEY                VALUE            MODULES
MOD_ENABLE        POSIX,STDIO
MAX_RECORDS       16384                    *

However, no matter the value I set for the MAX_RECORDS, the darshan log does not change. Am I using the config file correctly? I am sure that this code does not read/write 16k files.

Also, as I have not enabled the H5D module in the config file, should it complain about the incomplete data when using darshan-parser? For a test, I reduced the MAX_RECORDS for another application that uses NetCDF-4 files; and I got an error about incomplete data for the H5D module.

Thanks,
Vineet