[Darshan-users] Recording more than 1024 files

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 1 10:47:16 CDT 2021

Hi George,

Unfortunately it is hardcoded for the moment (see
DARSHAN_DEF_MOD_REC_COUNT) regardless of how much total memory in bytes
you allow each module to use.  We are working to have that tunable in an
upcoming release.

Another option, depending on your use case, may be to configure Darshan
to exclude some directories so that it doesn't use up entries on files
that you aren't interested in.  There is some info about that option in
this mailing list post:

https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/darshan-users/2020-July/000636.html

thanks,

-Phil