[Darshan-users] Darshan version 3.3.0 is available!
ssnyder at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 10 09:03:23 CDT 2021
Following up quickly on our recent pre-releases, a new stable release of Darshan 3.3.0 is now available for download. You can get it HERE<ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/darshan/releases/darshan-3.3.0.tar.gz>.
In addition to the new features and bug fixes introduced in 3.3.0 pre-releases (detailed at the bottom of this email for convenience), this release marks the first Darshan version with AutoPerf support. AutoPerf implements two additional Darshan instrumentation modules that can provide details on application MPI communication usage and application performance characteristics on Cray XC platforms:
* APMPI: Instrumentation of over 70 MPI-3 communication routines, providing operation counts, datatype sizes, and timing information for each application MPI rank.
* APXC: Instrumentation of Cray XC environments to provide network and compute counters of interest, via PAPI.
See darshan-runtime documentation<https://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/darshan/docs/darshan-runtime.html#_using_autoperf_instrumentation_modules> for more details on how to build Darshan with AutoPerf support.
Please report any issues, comments, or questions to us using this mailing list or our GitLab page<https://xgitlab.cels.anl.gov/darshan/darshan>.
New features, bug fixes, and other improvements for Darshan 3.3.0 pre-releases:
* New PyDarshan Python package for analyzing Darshan log files
* PyDarshan provides a couple of interfaces to Darshan logs that should allow for easier development of custom Darshan log analysis utilities in Python
* See the PyDarshan documentation<https://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/darshan/docs/pydarshan/index.html> for more details
* Thanks to Jakob Luettgau(DKRZ) for all of the hard work in contributing this package
* Bug fixes
* Modified Lustre module to use a safer method for obtaining Lustre file striping information (based on fgetxattr rather than ioctl)
* Fixed bug leading to potential deadlock when reducing shared records in MPI programs (known to affect mvapich2)
* Fixed bug causing errors when using Darshan's non-MPI mode when Darshan is built with an MPI compiler
* Disabled DXT's MPI-IO offset tracking for OpenMPI applications to avoid crashes caused by an OpenMPI bug
* Fixed various HDF5 module bugs:
* Fixes for applications using H5S_SELECT_NONE selections resulting in HDF5 error messages
* Fixes for applications using non-MPIIO VFDs resulting in HDF5 error messages
* Fixes for potentially incorrect counter values related to common accesses in the H5D module
* Other fixes allowing usage of the HDF5 modules in serial HDF5 applications
* Other enhancements
* Added support for querying Lustre file striping statistics for Lustre files that are symlinked from other file systems
* Added support for instrumenting openat, preadv, preadv2, pwritev, and pwritev2 functions, improving instrumentation of OpenMPI applications
* Improved error messages and documentation for darshan-util tools, including handling of incomplete Darshan log files
* Added new H5D module counter indicating the Darshan record ID of the file an HDF5 dataset belongs to
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Darshan-users