[Darshan-users] Does Darshan uses CPU time ?

Florian Lecomte flo.lecomte17 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 09:35:09 CDT 2021

Hello,
Here is the log I generated, so total_STDIO_F_META_TIME is 67 seconds,
runtime is (end-start+1)=3 seconds (as computed in darshan-job-summary.pl),
and nprocs is 12
So that would mean I have 67 / 36 > 1 Metadata time percentage, which seems
weird.
Is the log file wrong, or maybe the application I want to analyze I/O has a
strange behavior ?

Thank you for your help.
Cordially, Florian