[Darshan-users] Does Darshan uses CPU time ?

Florian Lecomte flo.lecomte17 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 09:37:18 CDT 2021

Good evening,
I'd like to know if I have to divide metrics by the number of CPUs of the
machine I use if I want to know the percentage of time spent on write
operations for example.
Because when I divide for example STDIO_F_META_TIME by [real runtime (time
spent in "real world") * number of processes], I often get something bigger
than 1, which is not supposed to happen.
So to sum it up : Does Darshan give the average metric value per process
per CPU, or only per process, and so it can not be compared with real spent
time ?

Thank you very much.
Cordially, Florian, student in the HPC field.