[Darshan-users] ioctl(LL_IOC_LOV_GETSTRIPE) crashes

Snyder, Shane ssnyder at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 27 09:36:41 CDT 2020

Hi Ed,

Thanks for letting us know you're hitting this problem, too. We've had trouble reproducing this problem in the past as we haven't really had access to systems that users reported seeing the problems on, but I happen to have a Frontera account so I could look more closely there.

Our plan is still to re-implement the Lustre module using newer Lustre API calls (rather than these ioctls which are giving us problems on some system) and to confirm overheads are low enough before making the change. I'll have a look and see if it's something we might be able to include in our next release, which we are planning soon. I'll be sure to keep the list posted on our progress.

Thanks!
--Shane