[Darshan-users] Darshan & EPCC benchio different behaviour

Piero LANUCARA p.lanucara at cineca.it
Wed Feb 12 08:47:29 CST 2020

Hi Phil.....POSIX

this is a well known benchmark ....you can easily verify it!

by the way it's something like that

! Serial write is unconditionally compiled
subroutine serialwrite(filename, iodata, n1, n2, n3, cartcomm)

   character*(*) :: filename

   integer :: n1, n2, n3
   double precision, dimension(0:n1+1,0:n2+1,0:n3+1) :: iodata

   integer :: cartcomm, ierr, rank, size
   integer, parameter :: iounit = 10

   integer :: i

   call MPI_Comm_size(cartcomm, size, ierr)
   call MPI_Comm_rank(cartcomm, rank, ierr)

!  Write same amount of data as the parallel write but do it all from rank 0
!  This is just to get a baseline figure for serial IO performance - note
!  that the contents of the file will be differnent from the parallel calls

   if (rank == 0) then

      open(file=filename, unit=iounit, access='stream')

      do i = 1, size
         write(unit=iounit) iodata(1:n1, 1:n2, 1:n3)
      end do

      close(iounit)

   end if

end subroutine serialwrite