[Darshan-users] error: epstopdf not found in PATH

Latham, Robert J. robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 3 08:51:08 CDT 2019

On Tue, 2019-09-03 at 15:12 +0200, Ayşe Arslan via Darshan-users wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I want to use darshan-job-summary.pl utility of Darshan with the
> following code, but I got the error message
> darshan-job-summary.pl ~/Desktop/darshan_files/darshan-3.1.7/darshan-
> test/example-output/mpi-io-test-ppc64-3.0.0.darshan
>
> error: epstopdf not found in PATH
>
> I installed epstopdf and followed directions as follows, but the
> error is still same.

http://mirror.las.iastate.edu/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek/epstopdf.pdf

If you installed from source, I would double-check that the
installation binary directory is in your PATH environment variable.

e.g. if you installed into ${HOME}/soft/texutils then make sure
${HOME}/soft/textutils/bin is also in your path (I will sometimes
slopily forget the 'bin' part myself).

Less likely, your shell has not refreshed its cache of available
binaries.  'hash -r' might do the trick.

==rob