[Darshan-users] Darshan not creating trace file and not complaining

Wadud Miah wadud.miah at nag.co.uk
Tue Oct 31 10:51:03 CDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I built Darshan 3.1.4 with OpenMPI 2.0.2 and gcc 7.2.1 using the following configure flags:

./configure --with-mem-align=8 --with-log-path-by-env=DARSHAN_LOGPATH --with-jobid-env=NONE CC=mpicc --prefix=/usr/local/darshan-3.1.4-ompi

I have also attached the config.log file. When I run my application with LD_PRELOAD, Darshan does not create any trace file and neither does it complain:

[miahw at bedale bin]$ export DARSHAN_LOGPATH=.
[miahw at bedale bin]$ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/darshan-3.1.4-ompi/lib/libdarshan.so mpirun -n 4 ./bt.A.4.mpi_io_full
[ ... lots of application output ... ]
[miahw at bedale bin]$ ls
bt.A.4  bt.A.4.mpi_io_full  btio.full.out  inputbt.data

As you can see, there is no trace file in the current working directory. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Wadud.

Dr. Wadud Miah

Numerical Algorithms Group

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business.