[Darshan-users] Darshan undefined compilation error

Shane Snyder ssnyder at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 24 10:06:08 CDT 2017

Hi Adnan,

Do you get the same types of errors (undefined reference to
__wrap_fprintf, etc.) when using the MPI profile configuration method
(that is, exporting MPICXX_PROFILE)?

Let's troubleshoot that method first since it looks like you are getting
further along with it. It at least seems to have the link line right, at
first glance.

FWIW, we typically "encourage" users to configure MPICH libraries to be
built corresponding to the link method they want to use. So, in your
case (static linking), it might simplify things to configure MPICH to
only build its static libraries (using '--enable-static
--disable-shared' on the configure line). That's not to say we can't get
the static linking working using default configure options, just appears
to be more difficult to get right. I can try playing around with my
local MPICH build and darshan builds to see if I can get it working, and
will let you know how if I do.

Thanks,
--Shane