[Darshan-users] Darshan 3.1.3 official release is now available

Shane Snyder ssnyder at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 13 08:33:08 CST 2017

Darshan-users,

The official release for Darshan version 3.1.3 is now available for
download here
<ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/darshan/releases/darshan-3.1.3.tar.gz>. We
have tested this release extensively and believe it is stable and ready
for use in production. On top of the numerous new features and bug fixes
included in the darshan-3.1.3-pre1 release (listed in the original email
copied below), the official version has one additional bug fix:

* Instrumentation of mmap calls is now disabled for dynamically linked
applications (i.e., applications that LD_PRELOAD darshan)
     - this avoids potential deadlock issues on Cray systems when using
dynamically linked executables (reported by Cristian Simarro)

You can find updated documentation for darshan-runtime and darshan-util
components here
<http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/darshan/documentation/>.

Please let us know if you have any questions, issues, or concerns using
this mailing list, or by opening an issue on the Darshan GitLab page
<https://xgitlab.cels.anl.gov/darshan/darshan>.

Thanks,
--Darshan team