[Darshan-users] h5py python application error : Darshan failed to map symbol: H5get_libversion

Shane Snyder ssnyder at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 13 12:31:33 CDT 2017

Do you know how many files this application is creating?

By default, Darshan should stop tracking new file records on a specific
process after either tracking more than 1,024 files for a given module
or if it has exhausted all of its allocated memory. This is to keep its
memory footprint bounded. The warning message you get from
darshan-job-summary seems to imply this is what's going on, but if your
application isn't opening that many files, maybe something else is wrong?

Thanks,
--Shane