[Darshan-users] darshan 3.1.0 official release now available

Shane Snyder ssnyder at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 30 14:00:08 CDT 2016

Darshan users,

Darshan version 3.1.0 is now available for release! This version
contains a number of general enhancements to the code base:

* addition of a stdio I/O library instrumentation module
     - this handles more in-depth instrumentation of file stream I/O
functions like fopen(), fprintf(), fscanf(), etc.
     - this module also captures stats on the standard I/O streams
(stdin, stdout, & stderr)
* addition of a Lustre instrumentation module
     - this module provides Lustre striping details (e.g., stripe width,
stripe size, list of OSTs a file is striped over) for files stored on
Lustre file systems
* addition of a new mmap-based logging mechanism that allows Darshan to
generate output logs even in cases where applications don’t call
MPI_Finalize()
     - note that these logs are uncompressed and are per-process rather
than per-job
* addition of the darshan-merge utility to darshan-util to allow
per-process logs generated by the mmap-based logging mechanism to be
converted into Darshan’s traditional compressed per-job log files
* modification of the POSIX module timestamp counters to also include a
LAST_OPEN & FIRST_CLOSE counters to give more details on application I/O
intervals

This version has been tested extensively on a number of platforms. As
always, please let us know if you have any issues, questions, or
comments using either this mailing list or the Darshan GitLab page
<https://xgitlab.cels.anl.gov/darshan/darshan>.

The release tarball can be downloaded HERE
<ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/darshan/releases/darshan-3.1.0.tar.gz>.

Documentation for this version of Darshan can be found HERE
<http://press3.mcs.anl.gov/darshan/documentation/>.

Thanks!
--Darshan team