[Darshan-users] Segmentation fault with Darshan-3.1.1

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 26 08:52:01 CDT 2016

Hi Preeti,

Kevin is right; it is preferable to just set LD_PRELOAD for the
application that you want to instrument.

That said, LD_PRELOAD of Darshan on normal command line programs isn't
supposed to cause a segmentation fault.  In principle it should just
silently do nothing if MPI isn't initialized in the executable in
question.  There can be a number of complicating factors, though.  If
you can't avoid the problem then let us know (maybe with a stack trace
from the core file) and we can try to debug it further.

thanks,
-Phil