[Darshan-users] Segmentation fault with Darshan-3.1.1

Shane Snyder ssnyder at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 1 15:23:37 CDT 2016

We've actually gotten reports of this from a few users, and it is due to
a bug in the Darshan library. We have a fix for this issue in our master
branch now, and will include it in the upcoming 3.1.2 release which we
will try to get released ASAP.

The bug should affect any binary that calls 'fopen64', which apparently
'ls' is doing. If possible, it might be best to use one of Darshan's
static linking methods for instrumentation in the mean time, instead of
LD_PRELOADing the shared library.

Thanks,
--Shane