[Darshan-users] darshan-parser --file

Shane Snyder ssnyder at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 17 10:28:13 CDT 2016

Hi Colm,

The '--file' flag gives some details on the accesses to files of
different types:

* total => files of all types (i.e., all other types below combined)
* read_only => the file was only read
* write_only => the file was only written
* read_write => the file was both read and written
* unique => the file was accessed by a single rank
* shared => the file was accessed by every application rank

For each file type, the first column is the count of files for that
type, the second column is number of bytes moved to/from the file for
that type, and the third column is the maximum file offset accessed.

I'm making a note to better document what kind of data each of the
parser flags outputs for our next release so hopefully its more clear.
In the meantime, you can see more detailed documentation on various
Darshan tools here:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/darshan/docs/darshan3-util.html

--Shane