[Darshan-users] unable to LD_PRELOAD PMPI-based profiler with Fortran for Intel compilers?

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 20 13:25:51 CDT 2015

That's right.  The issue has to do with the MPI library bindings rather
than the underlying compiler.

Unfortunately, Fortran profiling has been problematic across multiple
MPI implementations recently, though.  To summarize all in one place,
Darshan won't instrument Fortran in the following scenarios:

- Fortran (77 or 90) on the MPICH 3.1.1 through 3.1.3 releases (see
http://trac.mpich.org/projects/mpich/ticket/2209)
- Fortran90 on recent IBM BG drivers (see
http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/darshan-users/2015-March/000265.html). Fortran77
is fine, though.
- Fortran (77 or 90) on Intel MPI 4.x (see
https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/279445)

The MPICH issue has been resolved.  The IBM BG issue is still present.
I'm not sure of the status of Intel MPI.  All of these are independent
of which underlying compiler you use.

thanks,
-Phil