[Darshan-users] Number of non-consecutive or non-sequential reads

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 23 15:47:19 CDT 2014

Hi Matthieu,

Those CONSEC and SEQ counters refer to POSIX operations.  The total
number of POSIX operations can be found by adding CP_POSIX_READS and
CP_POSIX_FREADS.

The SPLIT/COLL/NB/INDEP counters refer to MPI-IO operations, which would
be tricky to directly relate to the POSIX CONSEC and SEQ fields.

Sorry for the confusing naming scheme here; its hard to tell which
things are POSIX vs MPI-IO on some of these counters.

-Phil