[Darshan-users] Error when using LD_PRELOAD (already solved)

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 14 19:36:47 CST 2014

I just reproduced this on an Ubuntu 13.10 box as well.  It looks like
the root problem is really the link order in the Makfile rule for
lib/libdarshan.so.  If I move the -ldl to the end of the command there
and rebuild/reinstall then it works fine.

I'm not going to commit that change in trunk until I have a chance to
test on some other platforms (in case there was some reason that -ldl
was listed so early in the first place), but I'll make sure it is
resolved in the next release.

-Phil