[Darshan-users] dso loading

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 19 14:09:50 CDT 2014

On 08/19/2014 02:01 PM, Burlen Loring wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can darshan be used to profile dso loading? What is the level of detail?
> can we capture full path of each dso loaded? Finally where is the best
> place to find documentation? I poked for a few minutes on the web site
> but was unable to find a list of "fields" darshan captures.

Darshan excludes a lot of files in /etc and /usr, so as not to distract
from the I/O going on to, say, checkpoint or input decks.

If you want to profile dso loading, you'll probably need a different
tool like the various perl/python scripts that operate on strace data,
or maybe iota (https://bitbucket.org/mhowison/iota).

==rob

--
Rob Latham