[Darshan-users] Research data release announcement: 2012-2013 Darshan logs added to the the ALCF I/O Data Repository

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 29 12:45:37 CDT 2013

Anonymized versions of all Darshan logs collected on the Intrepid Blue
Gene/P <https://www.alcf.anl.gov/intrepid> system at the Argonne
Leadership Computing Facility <https://www.alcf.anl.gov/> from January
1, 2012 through October 22, 2013 are now available for download as part
of the ALCF I/O Data Repository
<http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/darshan/data/>.

Darshan <http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/darshan/> is a
scalable HPC I/O characterization tool that collects concise I/O access
pattern information from large-scale production applications.  The
Darshan data provided in the ALCF I/O Data Repository includes:

  * I/O characterization from 195,233 unique production application runs
  * over 721 million core hours of execution time
  * 31 PiB of I/O activity
  * examples of application runs with up to 163,840 processes
  * examples of application runs that accessed up to 204 TiB of data

More information about how to use the data can be found  at
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/darshan/data/.

thanks,
-Darshan development team at ANL