[Darshan-users] A Ruby extension for Darshan

Matthieu Dorier matthieu.dorier at irisa.fr
Mon Apr 15 09:31:15 CDT 2013

Hi Darshan users/developers

As I intended to do data-mining on a large number of Darshan-generated traces, I quickly realized that producing a text output using darshan-parser then parse this output using high-level languages (ruby or python), was extremely inefficient. I turned to the C API, but implementing data-mining algorithms in pure C is also very hard.

Thus I developed a Ruby extension for Darshan. This extension is available here: http://darshan-ruby.gforge.inria.fr/
All functionalities currently available in Darshan 2.2.5 for reading binary (bz2-compressed) traces, are now available in Ruby, and can help analyzing traces more easily and faster.

I hope this tool can be useful to others, feel free to give me some feedbacks :-)

Phil: you'll find in this package the Makefile.in I was talking about in one of my previous mails.

Best,

Matthieu Dorier
PhD student at ENS Cachan Brittany and IRISA
http://people.irisa.fr/Matthieu.Dorier