[Darshan-users] documentation for darshan-logutils

Matthieu Dorier matthieu.dorier at irisa.fr
Sat Apr 13 04:34:45 CDT 2013

Hi,

I'd like to use the C API of Darshan, yet the only mention of this API is at the end of the darshan-util documentation (http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/darshan/docs/darshan-util.html), advising to take a look at darshan-logutils.h and I don't find anywhere the explanation on how to use these functions.
I can guess how most of them work, but there are at least two that I don't understand: darshan_log_getmounts and darshan_log_setmounts. Could you give an example for them?

Also a remark for later versions of Darshan (here I'm using 2.2.5): building a libdarshan-util.a library and installing it, along with the necessary include files, in the --prefix directory provided at configure time, would ease the use of this C API. I have myself modified the Makefile.in in darshan-util to have this done, I can share these modifications if you wish.

Matthieu Dorier
PhD student at ENS Cachan Brittany and IRISA
http://people.irisa.fr/Matthieu.Dorier