[Cookie-users] GPU zombie and reboot on cookie

Daniel Lowell redratio1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:58:08 CST 2011

Cookie is back up.

Daniel Lowell
(630)252-0092

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Lowell" <redratio1 at gmail.com>
To: "Kenneth J. Raffenetti , Boyana Norris , Sri Hari Krishna , Sa-Lin Cheng Bernstein , Van Bui" <raffenet at mcs.anl.gov>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 11:50:59 AM
Subject: [Cookie-users] GPU zombie and reboot on cookie

There is a zombie process on cookie's GPU. You can take a look with nvidia-smi -a
Utilization is 99%, meaning no work can be done on the GPU until it is free. Which will be never until cookie is rebooted. nvidia-smi for sdk 4.0 does not have the capability of resetting the GPU on the fly, however the sdk 4.1 version will have it. Until then...

Not sure when is a good time for a reboot. I know Krishna has a pbound job running, so I'd like to get a consensus of cookie users.

Let me know. Thanks.

Daniel Lowell
(630)252-0092