[codes-ross-users] Questions about CODES

Mubarak, Misbah mmubarak at anl.gov
Fri Nov 10 17:23:07 CST 2017

Hi Junji,

>From what you have described, the core modeling part can be implemented
with a simple logic. You can add the state of the cores in your server LP.
For example, add a next_available_time variable for each of those cores in
the server LP state which would be initially set to be current simulation
time with tw_now(lp) but will get updated with the time needed by the core
to process an event. We do something similar for network links (one
example is in src/networks/torus.c, look for next_link_available_time).
You would also need some form of event queue in case an event has arrived
but there is no core available. In that case when a core becomes
available, you can fetch an event from that waiting queue. To implement a
queue, either qlist or a linked list can be used (Functions for qlist are
available in codes/quiclist.h)

We currently don't have a memory model in CODES but if you need a simple
set of operations with the memory, perhaps those can be implemented as
well.

Thanks,
Misbah