[codes-ross-users] codes_mapping_setup() seg fault and RNG issue

Timothy Scott tscott2 at clemson.edu
Wed Jan 14 10:32:24 CST 2015

Hello All,

I am back trying to get a basic model set up in CODES.  I am using a
variation of doc/heterogenous (ping with two groups and forwarders).

I also found that the doc/example_heterogeneous fails in the same way.

In codes_mapping_setup_with_seed_offset() called with parameter 0 (from
codes_mapping_setup()), tw_define_lps() prints

~/src/ROSS/ross/rand-clcg4.c:289: RNG max streams exceeded: 2 > 1.

I found that if I manually g_tw_rng_max to a number greater than 2 in
codes_mapping_setup_with_seed_offset() before the tw_define_lps() call, the
code runs fine. I can't find any failure caused by this.

Is this a bug or am I (and the example) invoking something wrong?

Thanks,
Joe
--
Joe Scott