[codes-ross-users] CODES repositories changes

Jenkins, Jonathan P. jenkins at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 11 16:16:15 CDT 2015

Hi all,

Sometime in the not-so-distant future I'd like to merge the codes-base and
codes-net repositories into a single one to simplify development,
building, releases etc. I could do this now, but there's some external dev
activity going on and I don't want to pull the rug out from under them, so
once their changes get merged into the mainline master branch I'll be
ready to do the update. Most likely, what this will mean is that 1) we'll
make a new, unified repository for development of both, and 2) mark the
original codes-base and codes-net repositories as read-only. We may
additionally move to an MCS instance of gitlab to make it easier to
collaborate RE issue tracking, pull requests, etc.
(https://xgitlab.cels.anl.gov), but that hasn't been decided yet.

Thoughts? Concerns?

Thanks,
John