[cgma-dev] Stretched grid implementation

Alexander Vizard avizard at gwmail.gwu.edu
Thu Jan 16 16:02:28 CST 2014

Hello,

I am looking tom implement the EBMesh software to work with a 3D cartesian
grid that is stretched in the x and z directions. In terms of the code, my
understanding is that I want to create a vtxMesh by reading i_arr, j_arr,
and k_arr (the locations of the points, not the index values) from a file,
rather than calculating them based on a total dimensional length and a
number of gridpoints. Can you verify that to do this, these values must be
changed in SCDMesh.hpp, EBMesher.cpp and EBMesher.hpp. However, a stretched
grid will mean a variation of the grid spacing (currently, dx, dy, and dz,
though not necessarily the same, are constants, rather than an array of
values). Is the EBMesh software capable of calculating these dx values at
each cell already, or would this also need to be added to the existing code
structure to get the intended results?

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to your reply.

--
Alexander Vizard
Research Assistant
avizard at gwmail.gwu.edu