[cgma-dev] Facet/Cholla engine

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Mon Jan 13 22:03:13 CST 2014

Hi all,

I have a question about the facet engine in CGM. Are multiple faceted surfaces per body supported? I see crashes if I call

	DLIList <CubitPoint*> plist;
	DLIList<CubitFacet*> tflist;
	DLIList<CubitQuadFacet*> qflist;
	DLIList<Surface*> slist;

	FacetModifyEngine::instance()->build_facet_surface(
	  qflist, tflist, plist, -1, 0, false, false, slist);

where tflist and qflist do not use every point in plist (because another call to build_facet_surface() will use those points later).

If I create a separate plist for each call to build_facet_surface(), it does not crash... but will coincident points be recognized as identical and merged -- or will the geometry need some kind of stitching?

	Thanks,
	David