[cgma-dev] iGeom::reflectEnt signature

Paul Wilson wilsonp at engr.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 21 16:30:58 CST 2013

Hi there,

I'm trying to build a tool that used to work against CGM using the iGeom
interface.  It uses the reflectEnt method.

As of r5781, the reflectEnt signature in iGeom.h has changed to require
2 sets of x,y,z points, but the documentation is not clear about what
these mean.  I'm happy to update my app to this new signature but can't
find a definition of what is expected.

>   3402   jvporter    /**\brief  Reflect an entity across a plane
>   3402   jvporter      *
>   3402   jvporter      * Reflect an entity across the given plane
>   3402   jvporter      * \param instance iGeom instance handle
>   3402   jvporter      * \param geom_entity the entity to reflect
>   3402   jvporter      * \param plane_normal_x x coordinate of the
> plane's normal
>   3402   jvporter      * \param plane_normal_y y coordinate of the
> plane's normal
>   3402   jvporter      * \param plane_normal_z z coordinate of the
> plane's normal
>   3402   jvporter      * \param *err Pointer to error type returned
> from function
>   3402   jvporter      */
>   3402   jvporter   void iGeom_reflectEnt( iGeom_Instance instance,
>   2617   kraftche                          iBase_EntityHandle geom_entity,
>   5781     janehu                          double point_x,
>   5781     janehu                          double point_y,
>   5781     janehu                          double point_z,
>   1638    tautges                          double plane_normal_x,
>   1638    tautges                          double plane_normal_y,
>   1638    tautges                          double plane_normal_z,
>   1638    tautges                          int* err );
>   1096   kraftche

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul