[cgma-dev] get_graphics for OpenCascade?

Jane Hu janejhu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 10:34:03 CDT 2013

Hi, David:

First of all, CGM doesn't support interface for get_graphics for bodies.
However, you can call a loop to get_graphics for each of the surfaces in
the body. Notice also, for surfaces, the max_edge_length variant is not
respected in OCC.

I checked the interface in OCC for triangulation for get_graphics purpose,
it seems that user can request a body as a input.

In general, as Tim mentioned, even if it gives back triangulations for
surfaces, it seems there's no words to guarantee satisfying watertight
and/or confirmal on the boundary: Opencascade.org forum did have a topic on
*Triangulation of thin ring contains gap* (
http://www.opencascade.org/org/forum/thread_23638/?forum=3)

If you need such an interface, I can try to fix one for you, and you'll
have to test out if it's watertight for your model. I'll try to implement
and let you know.

Have a nice one!

Jane

--
Jane Hu

Asst. Researcher
Dept. of Engineering Physics
UW @ Madison

"And we know that for those who love God, that is, for those who are called
according to his purpose, all things are working together for good."
(Romans 8:28)