[cgma-dev] iGeom extension functions?

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 3 09:53:54 CDT 2011

Right now, we're sort of winging it for an iGeom spec.  I think ITAPS views me as mostly owning it, with RPI
implementing the query-only parts of it.  At an upcoming FastMATH kickoff I plan to raise the issue of how to proceed
(will probably involve us updating a spec and proposing it).

- tim

On 09/30/2011 04:34 PM, James Porter wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 08:00 -0500, Jane Hu wrote:
>> Hi, Jim
>>
>> I didn't work on iGeom level before, and wasn't very sure what the
>> spec's are. I did add a function declaration in iGeom.h yesterday
>> though. Not sure if this affected the Python build. Please let me know
>> if you'd rather to make any changes for it.
>
> This doesn't cause any problems now, but if I were to implement it in
> Python, any implementation without that function wouldn't work. I'm not
> actually sure which functions in iGeom.h are standard and which are
> extensions; I think we could do a better job of separating them out.
>
> - Jim

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.
            fax: (608) 263-4499      Madison, WI 53706