[cgma-dev] Version issue with nightly build

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Tue Jun 21 13:11:03 CDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 13:04 -0500, Steve Jackson wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2011, at 13:00 , Tim Tautges wrote:
>
> > Since we've released 12.2 now, shouldn't it be 13.0pre?
> >
> > - tim
>
> The web site has a link for 12.2.0 "RC0," which installs as version
> 12.2.0.  I didn't think 12.2.0 was "released" officially.  (If it was,
> it should be tagged.)

Until a few seconds ago, CGM didn't even have a tags directory,
unfortunately.

> I don't think we should go to 13.0 because we don't support Cubit 13.
> At most we should list the working version as 12.2.1pre.

That makes sense. I'm not totally sure how we want to handle this case,
since we're trying to match our version number to Cubit's, but this
should be sufficient for now.

> But I'd be in favor of creating a new 12.2.0 release candidate using
> the code available today.  There have been significant iGeom interface
> changes since the RC0 version was created.

Since it sounds like we're not really at "release candidate" level yet
(the wiki mentions that we still have some bugs to iron out), how about
we release 12.2.0b1 today, and then set the version to 12.2.0pre? I
think that best reflects the current state of CGM.

- Jim