[cgma-dev] Writing STEP files from iGeom

Steve Jackson sjackson at cae.wisc.edu
Wed May 12 11:57:54 CDT 2010

I have an iGeom program that builds geometry "from scratch" (using functions like createBrick and boolean opertions), then writes it out.  This program is only known to work with a CGM that's built against some form of ACIS modeling engine.  I was asked whether it could write a STEP file, and these were the results.

For CGM built with 64-bit ACIS or 64-bit Cubit: attempting to write a .step file produces this message: "ERROR: The STEP translator is not licensed for this installation".

For CGM built with 32-bit Cubit: attempting to write a .step file makes the program segfault in AcisQeuryEngine::export_solid_model() (inside libcubiti19.so).  The fault is a write through a null pointer; further debugging info is unavailable.

I don't have a bare copy of 32-bit ACIS to test.

Are these known issues?
~S