[cgma-dev] [Fwd: PyTAPS Multiple Geometry Load Failure]

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 12 16:33:05 CDT 2010

CGM uses a number of singleton classes, and here I'm taking thread safe to mean you can have multiple instances (I guess
they could be in the same thread, for that matter).  Because of the statics used in singletons, you can't use two copies
of cgm simultaneously.

- tim

Jed Brown wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:46:48 -0500, Tim Tautges <tautges at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>> I know loading into 2 separate instances won't work, since cgm isn't thread
>> safe.
>
> What do multiple instances have to do with thread safety?
>
> Jed

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.
            fax: (608) 263-4499      Madison, WI 53706