[cgma-dev] Finding ACIS in Cubit

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Oct 26 13:14:23 CDT 2009

I don't know where to ask about this but maybe you can help.

When I link with libcubiti19.so, I get the warning

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.5, needed by /home/jed/usr/cubit-10.2/bin/libcubiti19.so, may conflict with libstdc++.so.6

I was getting strange behavior from iRel resulting in seg-faults
sometimes during program execution and sometimes from invalid frees in
static destructors (called after main).  Even a completely empty main
segfaults when linked to both iMesh and iGeom (hence cubit), but it does
it after main.  I've run this under a debugger and valgrind.  As the
attached test case shows, I always have problems when linked against
cubit.  In nontrivial programs, I think I'm seeing incorrect behavior
prior to seg-faults.

Look at the first error in the log 'kunyang-both'.  Memory allocated by
STL within iMesh_load() is incorrectly going through a template instance
in libcubiti19.so and then being freed by a current instance.  At first
glance, it seems possible to LD_PRELOAD all template instances required
by MOAB, but this would make symbols inside Cubit resolve incorrectly
with respect to the inlined instances (and I recall seeing the memory
bug go the other way during earlier debugging).

I'm starting to doubt whether this can work properly with a system
significantly different from the build system (presumably RHEL4).  While
I could create such a system for testing, it's really not feasible on a
cluster.  I think I asked about this before, but is there any way to
export geometry in a different format?

Jed