[cgma-dev] CGMA+OpenCascade+Windows

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 12 12:20:27 CDT 2009

Alexander Danilov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if it is possible to build CGMA with OpenCascade support in
> Windows environment.

Given that we appear to be missing CMake build support for building with
OpenCascade, the only option right now appears to be to use the
autotools-based build system.  You might try using Microsoft "Services for
Unix" as the build environment in which to run the configure and build
process.  It is free and contains options to use either the Visual C++
compiler or the GNU compiler (for the former, if you get an error about not
finding 'ld', try making '/usr/bin/ld' a symlink to 'cc'.)

Also, for CGM to be usable on Windows, you'll have to build it as a static
library (.lib), which is the default behavior.

> I have tried cmake, but there is no CMakeLists.txt under geom/OCC, and
> I am not that familiar with cmake to write my own.
> Automake way with mingw failed for me too. That should be some
> misconfiguration in my mingw environment, I will check it later.

If this turns out to be a portability issue rather than a broken mingw
install, please let us know.

- jason