[cgma-dev] Building OpenCascade 6.2

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 29 17:16:33 CDT 2007

After a couple days of work, I have gotten OpenCascade 6.2 to build on my
workstation (none of the pre-compiled binaries provided by Open CASCADE
S.A.S. were compatible with my workstation.)

Some source code changes were required.  I have put the list of changes,
patch files, etc. at:

  http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~kraftche/OCC/patches.html .

I submitted these patches to Open CASCADE via their "projects" forum (I
couldn't find any better method):

  http://www.opencascade.org/org/community/projects/?project_id=220

The configure command I used was:

  ./configure \
       --with-tcl=/usr/lib/tcl8.4 \
       --with-tk=/usr/lib/tk8.4 \
       --with-java-include=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.10/include \
       --with-gl-include=/usr/include \
       --with-gl-library=/usr/lib \
       --with-stlport-include=/usr/include/stlport \
       --with-stlport-library=/usr/lib \
       --with-stlport-libname=stlport \
       --with-xmu-include=/usr/include/X11 \
       --with-xmu-library=/usr/lib