[CGMa-announce] CGM v16.0 major release candidate available

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 12:54:29 CDT 2017

Dear CGM users,

The consolidated release of SIGMA v1.3 is available now, and contains the
CGM 16.0 major release candidate. The release tarball can be downloaded at:
ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/cgm-16.0.tar.gz.

We would also like to thank our users and contributors for making this
release possible.

This version and future versions of CGM will not be compatible with CUBIT
anymore. Due to issues related to the license terms, the interface and
access to the underlying geometry model in CUBIT will no longer be
available. We kindly request all CGM users to upgrade their CGM versions
and switch to the OpenCascade kernel that is now well supported. CGM works
best with OCE 0.17 and higher (without need for patches).

The default geometry kernel in the absence of the OCC engine is a
facet-based representation.

The notable changes in CGM v16.0 are:

* Access to the underlying geometry kernel and topology in CUBIT compiled
libraries has been removed. So configuration/build options `--with-cubit`
is no longer available. The facet-based geometry kernel is now the default
kernel if OpenCascade is not available.

* Improved support for OSX/Linux architectures with different compiler
families: GNU/Clang/Intel/PGI

* The CGM headers are now namespaced (available under $prefix/include/cgm)

* Improved CMake configuration support to enable MPI and OCC/OCE
dependencies

* Added tools for conversion of MCNP models to OCE and STL to Facet
representation

Please refer to the following link to find all changes in the SIGMA
components and more specifically, information about the fixes and
enhancements in CGM as part of this release.

http://sigma.mcs.anl.gov/news/sigma-release-1-3/

Let us know if you have any questions or encounter any issues during your
upgrade.

Best,
The SIGMA team