[CGMa-announce] Series of questions

Jane Hu janejhu at gmail.com
Mon May 23 11:13:02 CDT 2011

2011/5/23 Yu Wenhui <yuwenhui at live.com>

>   Hello GURUS,
>
> Precondition : the input iges has no solids, just faces.
>
> 1. how to stitch the faces together?

You can see example in  GeometryModifyTool::webcut_with_sweep_curves on how
to call stitch_surfs.

2. is non-manifold supported during stitch.

Well, this stitch is just to stitch all stand along surfaces into one shell.
Unless the surfaces make multi-shells, it will return the created shell.

3. how to find closed volumes (a group of faces) from this non-manifold
> faces model?

4. how to use above closed volume (a group of faces) to define CGM volume?

The make_Lump function will use all input surfaces, first stitch them
together, then find if it's a closed shell, if so, it'll create a volume,
you can use the lump to find its BodySM.

> 5. is the decomposition tool fully supported under OCC Engine?

 OCC Engine implemented subtract, unite, intersect, webcut  etc. functions
and they are ready to be tested. Since it's the first version for release
now, and our resources are limited, bugs, simple and complex, are expected,
please report them to cgma-dev at lists.mcs.anl.gov.

6. does CGM have “mappable volume identification” function?

NO. This functionality is embedded in our map mesh algorithms and is not
supported through CGM.

> 7. does CGM have “mappable volumes sorting” function?

No.