[AG-USERS] Starting with Access Grid

Sean Donohue ksdst1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 13:31:42 CST 2012

Hello,
I would like to understand what it takes to be a participant in an Access Point video conference scenario.  I am at a small University department with someone who is collaborating with a group who apparently would like to use Access Grid to perform video conferencing with collaborators.  I have checked the access grid web site and see that I can download the software and check the "official" hardware list.  My questions are;
1. Can I merely install the software, make sure my hardware works with it and enter the configuration information sent by the hosting group (eg. node server address, other things)?
2. The software is open source but do I have to pay something to use access grid or connect to nodes?
3. Can I use the sound card/mic/video camera from a MacBook Pro even if it is not on the official hardware list?
I was looking for a simple explanation of use on the access grid web site but did not find anything that answered simple questions like these.
Thanks in advance,
Kevin