[AG-USERS] Who gets to be on the AG map?

Kevin Cole kevin.cole at gallaudet.edu
Wed May 25 13:32:51 CDT 2011

Hi,

After a couple of years of occasionally helping test AG3 and kin with
others, I've recently built two dedicated machines (a transmitter and a
receiver) that I hope will be on most of the time and will be part of some
ongoing remote collaboration as well as experiments with the software
itself. At the moment, the room that houses them is having air conditioning
troubles, and so I don't like to leave the machines on.

I noticed the map on the home page.  When I attempt to add us via
http://www.accessgrid.org/node/add/flexinode-7 I get "You are not authorized
to access this page." (I verified that I'm logged in.)

So, what's the skinny? Is map membership limited to a different class of
user? Or is there something I should be doing at my end to allow us to
"plant a flag" so to speak, on the map?

Thanks!
--
Physical
[image: [Photo: Kevin Cole]]
Kevin Cole, RHCE<http://www.gallaudet.edu/Gallaudet_Research_Institute/Staff/Cole_Kevin.html>
Research Applications Programmer
Gallaudet Research Institute <http://research.gallaudet.edu/>
Dawes House 305
800 Florida Avenue N.E.
Washington, DC 20002-3695 (US)
Virtual
E-mail: kevin•cole (at) gallaudet•eduWWW: http://research.gallaudet.edu/GPG
Key ID: 0xE6F332C7 <http://research.gallaudet.edu/~kjcole/pubkey.php>
Voice/TDD: +1.202.651.5135FAX: +1.202.651.5746
Certifications:
RHCE # 806200895001922<https://www.redhat.com/wapps/training/certification/verify.html?certNumber=806200895001922&verify=Verify>
 (2000—2003),
RHCT # 603004014909290<https://www.redhat.com/wapps/training/certification/verify.html?certNumber=603004014909290&verify=Verify>