[AG-USERS] Unidirectional Multicast Problem - Accessgrid

N. Satyanarayana nanduris at cdac.in
Wed Dec 22 23:13:19 CST 2010

Hi,

We are trying to set up AG nodes across three different centres (located
in 3 different cities) connected with multicast enabled network. We are
not able to get two way communication among the participants from these 3
centres. Our network provider is saying that there cannot be more than one
Multicast Source sending for the same multicast group in the network, this
is possible with SSM (Source Specific Multicast) only which require
Application, Operating
System, Network level support of IGMPv3. Network is able to support SSM.

To my understanding while creating virtual venue in AG we can assign a
single multicast group id with two ports to a venue for transmission of
audio and video to different receivers.

But with this kind of configuration we can support unidirectional
multicast only. If we want receivers also to be able to communicate with
each other i.e., if we want every one to be both sender as well as
receiver, what kind of configuration changes are required at
network/system/application level.

Can you suggest how to proceed further in order to support two way
communication among the participants of same venue session.

Also, kindly specify the availability of IGMPv3 at Application & OS as
well.

Regards,
Satya
--
N. Satyanarayana
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)

(Off) +91-40-23737124/25

http://www.cdachyd.in/econtentquality

believed to be clean.